We are pleased to annouce that we offer the public the ability to print in 3D.
- Design a 3D model or find one on a site such as www.thingiverse.com.
- Make sure your file is in .stl or .obj format, is less than 5.5”x5.5”x5.5” in size, and is estimated to take less than four hours to print. The library uses a Tinkerine DittoPro 3D printer and Cube 3D printer. Both systems have free software that may help in estimating print time.
- Submit your file on a flash drive (labeled with your name) along with this form and the $5 fee.
- Most objects will be printed within a few days, but there may be times that the printer is malfunctioning, being repaired, experiencing heavy use or being used for an event or a class. You will be contacted when your object is finished printing.
Pick up your object.
The 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. Patrons will not be permitted to use the 3D printers to create material that is:
a. Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
c. Obscene or otherwise inappropriate.
d. In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- Emporia Public Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- To request a 3D print the individual must have a Emporia Public Library account in good standing.
- Items must be picked up by the individual whose name is listed on this form. Items not picked up within 14 days of notification will become property of Emporia Public Library
- Only designated library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- The cost of the print will be a flat rate of $5.00 per file printed.
Objects with an estimated printing time of over four hours will not be printed
This project is made possible by the State Library of Kansas and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.